It’s been two days since we got back from Detroit, and we’re still working on getting through the photos and memorabilia of our trip and the grandparents’ 60th anniversary celebration. I’m really excited to blog it, but I just don’t have the goods yet.
At the same time, my Type A self is freaking out because I have other stuff I want to blog about, but I would be, like, going out of the order of my life events if I went into too much detail about them.
My BRAIN IS IN A KNOT. I just don’t know which way to write… There’s too much going on in life right now, so I’ll sum it all up with my favorite device…
A BULLET LIST!
(I mean, I know when you woke up this morning, the one thing you needed to achieve true happiness in life was a bullet list of stuff going on in our lives.)
Here’s what’s been going on in the past week, in a nutshell…
- We went to Detroit last Wednesday, had an amazing time honoring my grandparents on Friday night, and then kicked it around the D for the rest of the weekend with friends
- By the time we were getting ready to leave, we had to rush Grandpa Sam to Beaumont Hospital by ambulance (he has pneumonia) — just too much partying for the old man (SAD FACE)
- We flew back to Oakland on Tuesday; I was an emotional, guilt-ridden WRECK during the flight
- When we got home at 5:00, we went immediately back to work on our master closet until passing out at midnight
- Wednesday we went back to work at our jobs, although I resigned from mine because WHILE we were in Detroit I was offered a NEW job (more on that soon!)
- Wednesday night we went immediately to work together on a freelance gig that we were offered while flying home, until passing out at midnight again (yay, freelance work to pay for our new desk!)
- Tonight we’re going to try to take a little break — we have things to celebrate (i.e., Grandpa Sam is still alive, I have a new job, etc.)
Oh, and we have NEW DOORS AND WINDOWS NOW. We aren’t the only ones who’ve been busy. While we were gone/when we got back, Randy and the guys (get ready for more bullets!)…
- Finished the foundation concrete
- Poured our new deck pillars
- Stained all our deck lumber (that was a freebie; we love freebies and we love Randy!)
- Installed all new outlets and outlet covers for the ENTIRE HOUSE (another freebie!)
- Installed our new dual-pane windows, replaced the broken glass in our original living room Craftsman windows, and installed the new doorwall in our bedroom
So, that’s enough about all of that. It’s A LOT. There’s just A LOT going on right now. I’m going to cap off this week now and save the next blog for the story of Sam and Lucy, their party, and our trip to see them. Stay tuned for that, because it’s way too awesome to be condensed down to bullet points.