All hail the holidays!
Just in case you really thought I was a scrooge, I just have to say —
Man, I love this time of year. All of a sudden, reason and responsibility are a thing of my past.
In this glorious stretch between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I cease taking my job seriously, cease keeping constant tabs on my calendar and my checkbook, cease pulling weeds every weekend. I start buying fancy party outfits even if I don’t need them, start going out on weeknights, and — GASP! — even take a Monday off work so I can spend Sunday drinking bottomless mimosas all day.
Because THAT’s what Christmas is all about, people: parties. Christmas is about parties. Lest we forget the truly important things in this life and start focusing too much on Baby Jesus n’ stuff.
This past week has been a HOLIDAY WINNER!
- Friday we welcomed our friend Viola from Chicago, in town to celebrate her big 4-0
- That night, we took off to the Claremont Hotel in Berkeley for my company holiday party while Viola kicked it with Carla and Marlene back at Marlene’s house, drinking wine and eating fancy cheese (we joined them after the party and crashed there)
- Saturday we headed into SF for a food and drink feast in honor of Viola’s birthday, and crashed in a pile of drunken friends at Carla’s…
- …which was convenient for Sunday, when we woke up and headed straight to brunch in the Mission
- Sunday night we headed back to our house, and made a group dinner there with Marlene
- Monday Viola and I played tourists all day in San Francisco, meeting up with Marlene and Trent later for beer drinking at Zeitgeist and dinner at Velvet Cantina
- Tuesday: a day of rest
- Yesterday (Wednesday), I headed back into SF for my DEPARTMENT holiday party (yes, I get two holiday parties!!!)
- Today: we rest some more
- Tomorrow: Chanukah party at my boss’ house
How much longer can this go on? I don’t know, but I’m still standing, so we’re still partying…
Merry Christmas! Keep it all in perspective, peeps.